Saturday, June 11, 2005

Vegas Eats

Some places that I tried out.

The Carnival World Buffet at the Rio: An amazing amount and variety of food. I had eaten here before and it did not disappoint. This time we went for the lunch buffet but were able to pay the lower breakfast price by about five minutes. They seem to have more of the types of food that I normally order in restuarants. My pick for best overall buffet.

The Spice Market Buffet at the Alladin: Not as large as the Rio but the quality was good. We went for dinner and the Alaskan King Crab legs seemed very popular. I don't think it's offers as much bang for the buck a the Rio, but one of my traveling mates preferred their desserts.

The Deli at the Westward Ho: Home of the Mega-Dog, a 3/4 pound hot dog for $1.49. When I first tried the Mega-Dog it was only $.99 (and was just then raised from $.79) but it's still one of the great bargains in Las Vegas. It's size has to be seen to be believed. Oh yeah, it tastes pretty good, too. If you still have room, try their strawberry shortcake for $1.49.

The Buffet at the Wynn: We ate breakfast here before our flight. Probably the best location for a buffet, with a central light-filled atrium dining area. The food quality was great and the selection was good, but it's hard to tell from breakfast since several stations had the same bacon, eggs and usual suspects. I'd like to go back and try lunch or dinner.

The Buffet at the Bellagio: Superb quality. We ate lunch there and the variety was very good, but not as great as the Rio. A few items that stood out were a Teriyaki flank steak, creme brulee and what were possibly the best mashed potatoes I've ever had. If you know me, you know that is quite a statement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home