Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Progress

As of this morning I've lost 18 pounds after 5 weeks of trying. My muscles also seem firmer, if not bigger, but perhaps that is because they are covered by less fat. I more or less follow my own eating and training plan but I've read a lot of books and websites and found the following useful.

The Abs Diet. A terrible name I think, for a pretty good program. The dietary portion has you eating throughout the day by eating six smaller meals. It also stresses what foods to eat, rather than what you shouldn't (although it does that too). I generally follow the principles of this plan but with my own modifications. The plan also stresses the necessity of excercise, especially weight lifting.

Cross Fit. A site for really, really fit people. In other words, not me. At least not yet. I do like the philosophy of fitness that they espouse, though. It centers on olympic style weight lifting and gymanstic type moves. They believe in hard and fast training using large groups of muscles. I think I might be able to attempt their "Workout of the Day- WOD" in about a year.

Stumptuous. Okay, this is a site intended for women. No, I am not a woman. But there is some pretty good stuff about starting weight lifting that I find very useful. In fact, the best information I've found so far for beginners like me. She writes about proper form, equipment, diet and injuries. Also, she writes about "women stuff" which I safely ignore.

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, February 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about starting this with my boyfriend although he doesn't workout but is very healthy already. I'm going to go checkout the book at Barnes & Noble on Saturday...your blog is helpful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home