Sunday, May 29, 2005

Priest Jokes

A rabbi, a minister and a priest... No, no. Not that kind of priest joke.

Today is Corpus Christi Sunday in the Catholic Church and I'll be attending Mass in a few hours. But last Sunday was Trinity Sunday and my priest told a joke.

A few years ago I was attending a Confirmation Mass at another parish. When the time came for the bishop to question the children, he asked, "What is the Trinity?"

A little girl raised her hand and the bishop called on her. In a very soft whisper she said, "The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit."

The bishop, unable to hear, raised his hand to his ear and said, "I'm sorry, my dear. I don't understand."

The girl, much louder, said, "But you're not supposed to understand. It's a mystery.

Okay, I didn't say it was a good joke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home