Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Great Music and Handwriting

I've been listening to and enjoying an album called Sweet Sentimental Dream by Ginny Mac. Ginny is a musician from Texas who sings and plays the accordion. Her CD is a self-described mix of Western Swing, Country and Western music and includes nine songs that she wrote. One of the songs that she didn't write is "Cheek to Cheek" by Irving Berlin, sung in a duet with Leon Rausch.

Looking around her website, it seems that Ginny loves to perform live and jam with other musicians. You get a feel of that from the CD but I'm sure it's much more exciting in person. Maybe one day I'll be able to attend a performance. It's hard to believe that's she's only nineteen years old.

I ordered Sweet Sentimental Dream from her directly, the only place I could find it for sale. I figured that it was self-produced and that she probably handled the orders herself. So I printed out a letter ordering the album and including a few words about how I came across her website and how I was looking forward to listening to the CD.

When I received the package a couple of weeks later, she had included a very nice handwritten letter on personalized stationery thanking me for my note and acknowledging what I had written. I don't remember the last handwritten letter on personalized stationery that I received. Maybe never. I can't tell you how nice it is in this email and cell phone age to receive an actual letter.

Anyway, she has really nice handwriting and the geek in me thought, "Gee, I wonder what kind of pen she used. That's a remarkably good ink line." Yes, that is my life. A beautiful and talented young lady sends me a handwritten letter and I think about what kind of pen she used.

My dorky-ness aside, please go and listen to some of her music samples and order an album. You won't be disappointed. She might even write you a letter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home